As if there weren’t enough problems with Chinese products.
According to Reuters, a member of a Chinese family on the island of Hainan vomited blood after drinking a bottle of water.
They were sure the water was tainted, so they fed the rest of the water to a hapless chicken, who immediately choked and died.
They fed the luckless chicken the rest of the water to see what would happen, the Beijing News said, citing a report in a local paper. “The result was the chicken died within a minute,” it said, showing a picture of a man holding a plastic bottle squatting over the crumpled body of the bird.
Authorities were investigating, Reuters reported.
Chinese water torture anyone?